Chiranjeevi was born Konidela Siva Sankara Vara Prasad on August 22, 1955. He is an Indian actor and politician best known for his work in Telugu cinema. He has appeared in more than 150 Telugu feature films, along with Hindi, Tamil, and Kannada films, making him one of the most popular actors in the world. He has received three awards from the Andhra Pradesh Government Nandi Awards, a Raghupathi Venkaiah Award, and nine from the Filmfare Awards South in his 4-decade career as an actor. He was awarded the Padma Bhushan, the third-highest civilian award in India, for his contributions to Indian cinema in 2006 and an honorary doctorate from Andhra University for his contribution to Indian cinema in the same year. Here we talk about Chiranjeevi height, age, career, family, movies, net worth, weight, wife, and biography.
Chiranjeevi Bio Data:
|Real Name||Konidela Siva Sankara Vara Prasad|
|Date of Birth||August 22, 1955|
|Hometown||Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad|
Chiranjeevi Family & Personal Life:
|Marriage Date||February 20, 1980|
|Father||Konidela Venkat Rao|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)|
|College||Sri Y N College|
Chiranjeevi Physical Stats & More:
|Height||In Centimeters: 175 cm|
In Meters: 1.75 m
In Feet & Inches: 5’9″
|Weight||In Kilograms: 80 kg|
In Pounds: 176 lbs
|Waist Size||34 Inches|
|Chest Size||42 Inches|
Chiranjeevi Career & Net Worth:
|Profession||Actor, Producer, Politician|
|Salary||45 Crore Per Year|
|Net Worth||$200 Million|
Chiranjeevi Favorites Things:
|Favorite Actor||Sean Connery|
|Favorite Actress||Mahanati Savitri|
|Favorite Food||Pasta, Pizza|
Chiranjeevi Social Media:
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chiranjeevi?
- Does Chiranjeevi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Chiranjeevi drink alcohol?: Yes
- He is a fervent devotee of Lord Hanuman.
- He received training in acting at the M.G.R. Government Film and Television Training Institute, Tharamani, Chennai, India.
- In 1978, he gained wide recognition with the film “Mana Voori Pandavulu,” directed by Bapu.
- He released eight influential films in 1979 and fourteen in 1980.
- His most notable role during this period was as an antihero in the films I Love You and Idi Katha Kaadu.
- He then acted as an antagonist in films such as Rani Kasula Rangamma, Nyayam Kavali, Mosagadu, and Ranuva Veeran.
- Due to the success of the Telugu film “Khaidi” in 1983, Chiranjeevi became a household name in the industry.
- During the 1987 Academy Awards ceremony, he was the first South Indian actor to participate.
- His acting career began in 1978 with the Telugu film “Pranam Khareedu”, in which he played the role of Narasimha.
- He was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 2006 for his contributions to Indian cinema.
- Andhra University also awarded him an honorary doctorate.
- In 1987, he became the first actor from South India to be invited to the Academy Awards ceremony.
- He received Rs. 1.25 crore in 1992 for his role in the Telugu film ‘Gharana Mogudu’.
- Moreover, he served as the lead actor in the Hollywood film ‘The Return of the Thief of Baghdad, which for unknown reasons, was shelved.
- The Chiranjeevi Charitable Trust (C.C.T.) was established in 1998 and included the Chiranjeevi Blood & Eye Bank, the state’s largest source of blood and eye donations.
- It is imperative to note that he is both an actor and a singer. He has sung several songs, such as Chai Chai from the film Murgaraju (2001), that he acted.
- He provided his voice to many Telugu films, including “Hanuman” (Animated, 2005), “Varudu” (2010), “Rudhramadevi” (2015), and “Ghazi” (2017).
- He was awarded the Samman award in 2002 by the minister of state for finance of the government of India for being the highest income taxpayer for the assessment year 1999-2000.
- He founded a political party in Andhra Pradesh in 2008 known as “Praja Rajyam.”
- He merged his 30-month-old Praja Rajyam Party with the Indian National Congress in 2011.
- His achievements in Indian cinema were recognized at the 3rd South Indian International Movie Awards in 2014.
- It is the first time an Indian actor has started a personal website.