Dharmendra is a famous Indian film actor, producer, and politician. In 1997, he received the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in recognition of his contribution to Hindi films. The actor was born in Phagwara, Punjab to an Indian father Kewal Kishen Singh Deol, and a Sikh mother Satwant Kaur. His film career peaked at the height of his popularity and he was regarded as the most handsome actor in India. His popularity has made him one of the biggest stars in Bollywood. Here we talk about Dharmendra age, height, weight, family, career, net worth, facts, children, and more.
Dharmendra Bio Data:
|Name||Dharmendra Singh Deol|
|Date of Birth||8 December 1935|
|Age||87 years old|
|Birthplace||Sahnewal, Punjab, British India|
|Hometown||Sahnewal, Punjab, British India|
|School||GOVT Senior Secondary School, Ludhiana Punjab|
|College||Intermediate RG College, Phagwara, Punjab|
Dharmendra Physical Statistics & More:
|Weight (in Pound)||171 lbs|
|Weight (in KG)||78 kg|
|Height (in Meter)||1.78 m|
|Height (in Feet)||5 feet 10 inches|
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Bicep Size||13 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Dharmendra Family & Personal Life:
|Marriage Date||1954 with Prakash Kaur|
2 May 1980 with Hema Malini
|Wife||1st: Prakash Kaur|
2nd: Hema Malini
|Father||Kewal Kishan Singh Deol|
|Son||Sunny Deol (Actor)|
Bobby Deol (Actor)
Ajeeta (1st Wife)
Ahana Deol (2nd Wife)
|Ex-Girlfriends||Meena Kumari (Actress)|
Saira Banu (Actress)
Dharmendra Career & Net worth:
|Profession||Actor, Producer, and Former Politician|
|Debut Movies||Dil Bhi Tera Hum Bhi Tere (1960)|
|Net Worth||$60 Million|
Dharmendra Favorite Things:
|Favorite Actor||Dada Saheb Phalke, Suraiya|
|Favorite Actress||Hema Malini|
|Favorite Food||Punjabi Food|
|Favorite Hobby||Writing Shayari|
Dharmendra Social Media:
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dharmendra?
- Does Dharmendra smoke? No
- Does Dharmendra drink alcohol? Yes
- He passed his early life in the village of Sahnewal.
- His father was the headmaster of the Govt. Senior Secondary School Ludhiana.
- His first action movie “Phool Aur pather” has got the first Filmfare nomination for Best Actor.
- His hometown is Dagon, which is near Pakhowal, Ludhiana.
- His most notorious performance was in “Sholay”.
- He received the Filmfare magazine’s new talent award in then in search of work, he moved to Mumbai from Punjab.
- Dharmendra received a souvenir in reference to his performance in the movie “Anupama” at the 14th National Filmfare Awards.
- He got a romantic role in movies such as “Aaye Milan Ki Bela, Aaya Sawan Jhoomke, Mere Humdum Mere Dost, Pyaar Hi Pyaar, and Jeevan Mrityu”.
- He took part in numerous dual roles in several films like “Yakeen, Samadhi, Ghazab”.
- He has performed with all of the Kapoor family except for Prithviraj and Kareena Kapoor.
- In the third series of the famous reality show “India’s Got Talent” in 2011, he took the place of Sajid Khan as a male Judge.
- In 1983 a production company titled Vijayta Film was made by Dharmendra.
- “Betaab” its first film was released in 1983, which featured his son Sunny Deol as the lead actor.
- He produced the action film “Ghayal” in 1990 this film earned 7 Filmfare Awards, including the Best Movie Award.