Donnie Yen Ji-dan was born in Guangzhou, Guangdong, China, on 27 July 1963. He is a Hong Kong actor, martial artist, director, producer, choreographer, and multiple world champions in kung-fu tournaments. Hong Kong’s most popular action star is Yen. Since the early 2000s, he has choreographed MMA in many of his films. As the first Chinese champion of the UFC, Zhang Weili, Yen’s films introduced her to mixed martial arts. Here we talk about Donnie Yen age, career, wife, height, weight, net worth, movies, and biography.
Donnie Yen Bio Data:
|Real Name||Yen Ji-Dan|
|Date of Birth||July 27, 1963|
|Birth Place||Yuexiu District, Guangzhou, China|
|Hometown||Guangzhou, Guangdong, China|
|Nationality||Chinese, Hong Kong|
Donnie Yen Family & Personal Life:
|Marriage Date||August 30 (2003)|
|Wife||Cissy Wang |
Donnie Yen Education:
Donnie Yen Physical Stats & More:
|Height||In Centimeters: 173 cm|
In Meters: 1.73 m
In Feet & Inches: 5 feet 8 inches
|Weight||In Kg: 75 kg |
In Pounds: 170 lbs
|Waist Size||35 inches|
|Chest Size||43 Inches|
Donnie Yen Career & Net Worth:
|Profession||Director, Martial Artist, Producer|
Screenwriter, Stunt Performer, Choreographer
Actor, Karateka, Judoka, Taekwondo Athlete
|Debut||Drunken Tai Chi (1984)|
|Net Worth||$40 Million|
Donnie Yen Favorites Things:
|Hobbies||Boxing, Kickboxing, Jeet Kune Do|
Hapkido, Mixed Martial Arts
TaekwondoKarate, Muay Thai
Wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Hung Ga
SandaJudo, Wing Chun, And Wushu
|Favorite Actor||Jet Li, Jackie Chan|
|Favorite Actress||Liu Yifei|
|Favorite Food||Quick Noodles, Stir Fried, Tofu|
|Favorite Destination||Shanghai, China|
Donnie Yen Social Media:
Some Lesser Known Facts About Donnie Yen?
- He was born to a newspaper editor (father) and a martial arts teacher (mother), who was voted “Kung-Fu Artist of the Year” in 1995 by Black Belt magazine.
- When he was two years old, he moved from China to Hong Kong, and when he was 11 years old, he moved from Hong Kong to Boston.
- His rebellious teenage years were filled with studying martial arts other than Chinese martial arts, such as karate and tae kwon do.
- A few years later, he also began to perform hip-hop and break-dancing
- After joining a gang during his teen years, he lived in Boston’s notorious “Combat Zone” area.
- His parents sent him to China to study at the Beijing Wushu Academy.
- After a chance meeting in Hong Kong with director-action choreographer Yuen Woo-ping, he landed his first film role, Drunken Tai Chi, in 1984
- A gang attacked him outside of a Hong Kong nightclub in the late 1990s
- Although he survived relatively unscathed, eight of his companions ended up in the hospital; it is reported.
- In 2009, Black Belt magazine named him “Kung Fu Artist of the Year.”
- He is an ambassador for the charity Free the Children.