Jeff was born on August 16, 1955, in Highland Park, Illinois. Growing up in a nurturing family environment, he developed a passion for the arts from a young age. His parents encouraged his creativity and provided him with the necessary support to pursue his dreams.
In 1974, Jeff Perry and his friends Gary Sinise and Terry Kinney co-founded the Steppenwolf Theatre Company in Chicago. Their vision was to create a space where actors could explore their craft and produce innovative, thought-provoking theater. Under Perry’s leadership as the first artistic director, the company quickly gained recognition for its groundbreaking productions.
Jeff Perry’s acting and director prowess led to numerous acclaimed performances. His talent shone through in productions such as “Balm in Gilead,” “The Grapes of Wrath,” and ” His nuanced portrayals and commitment to his craft earned him widespread praise and cemented his status as a respected figure in the theater industry.
Jeff Perry Bio Data:
|Real Name||Jeff Perry|
|Date of Birth||August 16, 1955|
|Birth Place||Highland Park, Illinois, United States|
|Hometown||Highland Park, Illinois, United States|
Jeff Perry Family & Personal Life:
|Wife||Linda Lowy (m. 1989)|
|Sisters||Jo Perry, Janice Perry|
|Daughter||Zoe Perry, Leah Perry|
Jeff Perry Education:
|School||Highland Park High School|
|University||Illinois State University|
Jeff Perry Physical Stats & More:
|Height||In Centimeters: 177 cm|
In Meters: 1.77 m
In Feet & Inches: 5′ 10″
|Weight||In Kilograms: 74 kg|
In Pounds: 163 lbs
Jeff Perry Career & Net Worth:
|Debut||Film Debut: A Wedding (1978) as Bunky Lemay|
TV Show: Family Ties (1982) as David Simmons
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
Jeff Perry Favourite Things:
Jeff Perry Social Media:
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jeff Perry?
- Jeff was born on August 16, 1955, in Highland Park, Illinois, United States.
- He is an American actor and director best known for his role as Cyrus Beene on the TV series “Scandal.”
- Perry co-founded the Steppenwolf Theatre Company in Chicago in 1976, along with his college classmates Gary Sinise and Terry Kinney.
- Jeff earned his Bachelor of Fine Arts from the Illinois State University School of Theatre.
- Perry has a strong background in theater and has appeared in numerous stage productions throughout his career.
- He debuted on Broadway in “August: Osage County,” which won the Tony Award for Best Play in 2008.
- In addition to his work on stage and television, Perry has appeared in several films, including “The Grifters” and “The Human Stain.”
- Jeff has received critical acclaim for his performances, including a Drama Desk Award nomination for Outstanding Featured Actor in a Play.
- Perry has also directed several stage productions, including “The Caretaker” and “Balm in Gilead.”
- He has been married twice. His first marriage was to actress Laurie Metcalf, with whom he has a daughter. He is currently married to Linda Lowy, a casting director.
- Perry has been involved with the Steppenwolf Theatre Company for over four decades and has served as its artistic director.
- He has taught acting at several institutions, including the California Institute of the Arts and the University of Southern California.
- Perry has been a guest star on various television shows, including “Grey’s Anatomy,” “Nash Bridges,” and “ER.”
- He has also lent his voice to several animated series, such as “Justice League” and “The Penguins of Madagascar.”
- Perry is known for his versatility as an actor, portraying various characters, from villains to sympathetic figures.
- Jeff has received multiple awards and nominations throughout his career, including a for his work on “Scandal.”